Abuse and violence come in numerous forms. It doesn’t matter if you have a problem with cyber violence in Africa, or domestic violence in Houston, because it is a form of sexual, physical, economic, emotional, dating-related, psychological, focused abuse that could cause physical and mental harm to a victim.
We have compiled a list of the most critical types of violence that happens all around us:
- Domestic Violence
By definition, domestic violence is a form of behavior that manipulate, intimidate, isolate, humiliate, terrorize, frighten, threaten, coerce, injure, blame or hurt someone in sexual, physical, psychological and economic threats or actions. It happens mostly in families, which is why we call it domestic. The main idea is to create a situation where one person will have power and control over another.
- Physical abuse – Everything that has a form of physical violence such as biting, pinching, shoving, hitting, pulling and many more. The idea is to use physical force and power to intimidate the partner you’re living with. The leading cause could be substance or alcohol abuse, as well as the partner’s violent personality.
- Sexual abuse – If one partner tries to contact another partner without prior consent sexually, it is a form of sexual violence that usually happens in most families. It is a thin line between sexual abuse and rape, because rape represents sexual encounter, while sexual abuse could mean doing physical harm to original parts of the body, passive aggression due to sexual disagreement, or treating another partner in any demeaning manner.
- Economic abuse – Most people don’t know that this particular abuse even exists because we still live in the world where women and men are not equal when it comes to finances. Therefore, men due to inability to control the other side, try to make partner entirely financially dependent by controlling financial resources and assets. Consequently, it happens that husbands withhold access to money, or forbid employment or even schooling due to various reasons.
- Emotional abuse – The emotional abuse can cause significant psychological problems to a victim especially when people get married. Aggressor undermines the victim’s self-esteem, confidence, and self-worth. It can include constant criticism as well as name calling and diminishing one’s abilities and personality due to common mistakes.
- Psychological abuse – In most cases, it features threatening and intimidation with the idea to commit physical harm to partner, self, children or other parts of the family. It leads to complete destruction where victim think that the aggressor will make a hassle if it doesn’t go his way.
- Sexual Violence
Sexual violence is the typical type of behavior, similar as the one that we’ve mentioned above, where a person doesn’t give consent for sexual intercourse, and aggressor tries to do it on a hard way. The victim feels frightened, uncomfortable and intimidated in the form of sexual activities.
Sometimes physical assaults can happen in the case that the aggressor tries to touch another person sexually, without a person’s consent. However, it doesn’t feature limitation to sexual intercourse, such as rape, because it can be sodomy, incest, child molestation, attempted rape, and fondling.
The victim and aggressor are not in the relationship, because then the violence would be a domestic form of sexual abuse. Therefore, if you force a person, drug, threaten sexually, then you’re committing sexual abuse.
When someone puts their tongue, fingers, penis, mouth or any other objects in your penis, vagina or anus without your consent, it is the worst form of sexual abuse that we also call rape.
- If some touches, kisses, or fondle with your body without your permission.
- If someone is physically forcing you to have sexual intercourse, to give or receive oral sex.
- If someone forces you to masturbate them or to masturbate
- If someone forces you to watch sexually explicit content or to pose for graphic pictures with general threats.
- If health care professionals, doctors, and nurses give you additional internal examination or touching your sexual organs in unwarranted, unprofessional and inappropriate manner.
- If your boss tries to use his/her’s status to have sexual intercourse with you, or even lousy mouthing or flirting that you’re not feeling comfortable with.
To learn more on sexual violence and its history, we recommend you to click here.
Do you need legal representation? Be careful about who you choose to be your lawyer. Since this is the person who will be handling all of your affairs and representing you in court, you’ll want them to be smart, reliable and trustworthy. Here are just a few tips for making sure that you find this diamond in the rough.
1. Look for a Specialist
Not all lawyers are the same. For example, a probate expert in Phoenix is going to have an entirely different skill set than a traffic lawyer in Charlotte NC. Don’t waste your time on someone with a practice area that doesn’t suit your needs. Find someone with a background in your particular type of case.
2. Get Recommendations
Has anyone in your family used a lawyer? Do they have any names that they can throw at you? Even if their recommendation is more like a warning to stay away from someone, it can help you narrow down your options when it comes to choosing a law firm. Positives and negatives can both help you make a decision.
3. Ask about Rates
Some lawyers charge by the hour. Others will ask for a flat fee. If you’re filing a lawsuit and hoping for damages, your lawyer might want a percentage of the settlement. You won’t know their exact rates unless you ask, so don’t be shy about opening a discussion on money matters.
4. Schedule a Consultation
At the end of the day, this is the most important step that you can take in hiring a lawyer. If you don’t meet them face-to-face, you can’t be sure that they’re the right choice for you. What if your personalities don’t mesh? What if they’re completely different than their advertisements suggest? Schedule a consultation and find out.
These are just a few things to keep in mind as you search for a lawyer. As you can see, there’s a lot more to the process than simply opening the phone book and choosing someone at random. You’ll need to be smart and thorough about your choice. Good luck!…
While no one wants to fall behind on their debts, it does happen in some cases and it’s often unavoidable. When this does happen, it adversely affects your credit and it creates a situation that keeps getting worse. This creates an intolerable situation and, in many of these cases, filing for bankruptcy may be the best option.
There are two types of bankruptcy, but a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the type that most people envision. In this type of bankruptcy, people suffering from mounting credit card bills, lawsuits, and other collections actions can obtain a new beginning. While a bankruptcy does show up on your credit report, it can often be a better alternative than continuing to build debt and risk liens, garnished wages, or worse.
Although a bankruptcy can affect your credit rating, it’s not a permanent situation. In many cases, careful financial planning can help you recover in just a few short years. Some people even raise their credit score to 700 within just two years. How fast you recover will depend on how you manage your finances, following the bankruptcy.
In typical cases, it takes four months to complete a bankruptcy filing, but, before you contact a chapter 7 lawyer Orlando FL, you should be aware that there are certain conditions you must be able to meet. If you fail to meet these requirements, you won’t be able to file a bankruptcy and you’ll just be wasting your attorney’s time.
1. Your income must not exceed the median income for the size of your household in Florida.
2. In cases where your income does exceed that value, you must be able to show that fixed expenses, like mortgage or rent payments, child support, and health insurance premiums, leave you with less than $167 per month. This excludes what you would pay out in credit card payments and similar debts.
3. A bankruptcy may also be permitted, where your debts are related to poor investment choices or a business venture that has failed.
If you qualify for a bankruptcy under these conditions, your best action is to contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney. A legal advocate familiar with Florida’s bankruptcy laws can help ensure you follow the stipulations that will lead to a successful filing.…
DLA Piper is a worldwide regulation firm with legal professionals situated in additional than 40 nations throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to assist clients with their authorized needs around the globe. Sometimes in Australian corporations attorneys are in a lock-step system for the primary two years of practice, following which pay will increase are depending on efficiency assessed, in large measure, by satisfaction of billable hour targets. You can be assured that we’ll look after your legal pursuits, whether or not it’s the negotiation of a posh enterprise deal, serving to a shopper through chapter or searching for compensation in a private damage case.
Roughly 14 percent of these legal professionals are employed in regulation companies of a hundred or more attorneys. Established in 1907, The Van Winkle Law Firm is the most important firm west of Charlotte, North Carolina, proudly serving individuals, households, and businesses throughout the southeast.
The Potts Legislation Agency diligently pursues a variety of private damage claims and mass tort issues, from advanced pharmaceutical instances to challenging product liability claims. Our community includes 27 commercially oriented regulation firms. For over 50 years, our agency has been offering legal services to clients at an international and native level, gaining a repute for quality, experience and professionalism.
Biennial ladies’s retreats are attended by eighty% of the feminine attorneys here; in spring of last 12 months, female companions spoke to sixteen places of work about flex, advancement and balance. The Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute and Intapp are pleased to present the 22nd Annual Regulation Agency Leaders Forum on October 12-13, 2017 in New York.
Coping with a personal injury on your own will be troublesome and time consuming. , the main survey of attorneys worldwide, have joined to rank legislation companies in the U.S. We presently rank firms in seventy five National Apply Areas. 11 These attorneys are individuals who work for the firm, like associates, although some firms have an impartial contractor relationship with their counsel.…
Senator Ted Cruz has responded to The New Yorker’s report that he accused Harvard Legislation College of getting had twelve” Communists who believed within the overthrow of the U.S. Government” on its school when he attended within the early nineties. The U.S. Department of Schooling’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) announced at this time that it has entered into a resolution settlement with Harvard University and its Legislation School after finding the Legislation Faculty in violation of Title IX of the Training Amendments of 1972 for its response to sexual harassment, together with sexual assault.
HIRC engages legislation students in direct illustration of such people and their families, promotes scholarship within the areas of immigration and refugee regulation, and raises awareness about immigrants’ and refugee rights by advocacy, litigation, and academic programming.
Equally, the just lately renamed Antonin Scalia Legislation School’s conservative libertarian identification makes it not altogether stunning that the Trump administration, or any Republican administration, would flip to some of its main experts to take positions in the administration,” Rozell stated.
In another step to broaden the sector of candidates, Harvard Legislation final month expanded a pilot program for Harvard juniors to defer admission to the law faculty as long as they end faculty and spend not less than two years working, learning or pursuing research or fellowships.
Examine after examine has proven that there’s barely any correlation between LSAT score and legislation school GPA (though that is considerably to be anticipated, provided that legislation schools tend to grade on strict curves: When you get an excellent LSAT score, you may in all probability find yourself at a more aggressive school, which implies it will be more durable to outshine your sensible classmates).…
Everyone makes mistakes, but, sometimes, those mistakes force us to face consequences we didn’t expect. When that involves answering charges in criminal or traffic court, it’s never wise to try to represent yourself. There’s a reason our system provides legal counsel to those who can’t afford it and that’s because an average person just doesn’t have the expertise to adequately argue a case in court.
Some charges, such as traffic citations, aren’t viewed as very serious matters. That may have something to do with the fact that the police issue a desk appearance ticket instead of placing the individual under arrest. Even so, every citation or charge is serious and each individual needs a strong legal advocate on their side.
Whether you’re in need of DUI lawyers in Charlotte NC or an attorney experienced in defending against misdemeanor and felony charges, the right attorney can almost always improve your chances in court. In addition to the thorough knowledge of the law that your attorney may possess, he or she also has the years of experience of working in the court system. This means that your attorney is familiar with the judges and prosecutors who will be handling your case. That familiarity may help your attorney obtain a reduction of charges or plea arrangement that would never be offered to you on your own.
Choosing the right attorney to handle your case should take time and you should conduct your own research. You will want to hire someone who instills you with trust and confidence, so don’t be afraid to ask tough questions. Ask how long they have been practicing and how many cases they have handled. Of those cases, how many have they won?
Additionally, you will want to make sure the attorney you hire is the one who will be handling your case. Tell the attorney you don’t want to be passed off to a paralegal every time you call, but acknowledge that you understand he will be busy at times. Your attorney may not take all of your calls right away, but he or she should always get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
Even if you have studied the law, you’ll still lack the real-world experience that a practiced defense attorney can offer. His or her connections can open up alternatives that just wouldn’t be available to a novice. Your future is just too important for taking unnecessary risks, so find the defense attorney you can trust to help you resolve your legal issues.…